Full Resume (PDF)
Phone: (713) 722-5326
Fax: (866) 699-1348
Add to Outlook Contacts (vcard)
Location: Houston, TX
Dr. Hill is a product stewardship and regulatory specialist with experience in the specialty chemicals industry, working with global, midsize, and small businesses. She helps business meet global regulatory obligations related to hazard classification, risk assessment, and hazard communication for new and existing chemicals. She has provided litigation support on these topics for Fortune 500 companies. Where countries have not yet adopted GHS, and for those activities for which regulations are not yet established, she makes recommendations for scientifically-based and defensible business practices. She provides interpretation of proposed legislation, emerging regulation, market-specific community concerns and emerging issues regarding the potential business impacts for individual companies, trade associations and consortia.
Dr. Hill supports compliance efforts concerning U.S. and international chemical control initiatives such as TSCA, country-specific adoption of GHS, CLP and REACH. She has practical experience with related software tools, including IUCLID 6, ECETOC TRA, ART, CHESAR, ConsExpo, AISE REACT, ECPA OWB, and various EPA tools.
Dr. Hill has extensive experience with "greener" product chemistry and alternatives assessment. She has led the development of tools used to assess the burdens associated with oilfield and household products, incorporating toxicological hazard and regulatory status, as well as non-regulatory drivers. She is familiar with challenges such as supply chain issues and minor constituents that are incidental to manufacture, or part of a UVCB substance.
Dr. Hill is an expert on environmental and workplace chemicals and pharmaceuticals as they relate to birth defects. Her academic research in neurodevelopmental toxicology investigated the molecular mechanisms that give rise to defects in the developing nervous system, including structural malformations of the brain and spinal tissue and related malformations of the face and heart. She has provided litigation support on these topics for Fortune 50 companies.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Texas A&M Health Science Center, Center for Environmental and Genetic Medicine, 2008-2010
- PhD, Toxicology Texas A&M University, 2001-2007
- BS, Biology, Minor: Speech Com., Sam Houston State University, 1999 - 2000
Awards & Honors
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Superfund Basic Research Program, Best Student Poster, Biomedical Research, 2006
- Teratology Society, Wilson Presentation Award, 2006
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Superfund Basic Research Program, Best Student Poster, Biomedical Research, 2003
- Teratology Society, Wilson Presentation Award, 2003